Interested in moving your personal or business accounts to FirstBank of Nebraska, but not sure how to get started? Our Account Switch Kit provides you with a step-by-step checklist that makes transitioning to a new account quick and easy.
If you have questions or would prefer for us to walk through the process with you, just stop by one of our branch locations or contact us. Thank you for choosing FirstBank of Nebraska! We value and appreciate your business.
To switch your account, just follow these simple steps:
1) Open an account at the FirstBank of Nebraska branch nearest you. For security purposes, we require you to open an account in-person. Be prepared to present your valid drivers license, or another unexpired government-issued photo ID, such as a state issued ID card, military ID card or passport, and complete the personal information for our Account Application.
2) Sign-up for online banking to easily track your direct deposits, automatic withdrawals or payments and checks as they clear your account. Once your account is set-up, you can enroll online!
3) Stop using your former account and begin using your FirstBank of Nebraska account. Remember to leave sufficient funds in your former account until all your checks have cleared. Use our Quick Checklist to keep track of information as you switch accounts.
4) Redirect your direct deposits to your FirstBank of Nebraska account. Simply complete our Direct Deposit Authorization Change Form.
5) Change your automatic payments or withdrawals to FirstBank of Nebraska. It’s easy with our Automatic Payment or Withdrawal Authorization Change Form.
6) Close your former account at the other financial institution. Complete our Account Closing Form and remember to shred or destroy any old checks for security reasons.