FirstBank of Nebraska has strong roots in the rural communities we serve. That’s why we’re proud to offer a wide range of ag loans. Collectively averaging 25 years of ag lending experience, our staff recognizes the volatility and rewards of the agriculture industry. We will invest our time to learn about your operation and structure a loan that fits your specific needs. Since the majority of our lending staff grew up on family farms and are still involved today, we understand what it takes to manage a farm, ranch or other ag-based business.
Whether you are looking to cover operating expenses, buy a farm, or upgrade your equipment, Contact us today and let us know how we can put our experience to work for you!
We realize crop and livestock production expenses are substantial and must often be paid long before you receive any income. Let us help you gain access to working capital when you need it most. With flexible options such as a revolving line-of-credit or single maturity notes, our operating loans make it easier to manage your cash flow. We offer 6-12 month operating loans for:
- Crop Input Expenses
- Feeder Cattle / Livestock Purchases
- Other Short-term Farm Related Needs
Our equipment and term loans are designed specifically for ag and farm purposes. Whether it's time to purchase cows or upgrade machinery, our experienced staff will guide you through the lending process. We offer 2-7 year equipment and term loans for:
- New or Used Machinery
- Grain Bins
- Farm Vehicles / Trucks
- Machine Sheds
- Irrigation Equipment
- Conservation, Tiling and Terracing
- Breeding Livestock
- FSA Guaranteed Operating (OL) Loans
- Other Farm Related Purposes
If you are considering buying a farm or wanting to refinance an existing ag real estate loan, then contact us! Our experienced staff will provide you with insight and assistance throughout the entire purchase process. We offer flexible payments and terms up to 30 years for:
Nebraska Ag Statistics
- Commercial red meat production, 2013 – 7,353,100,000 lbs
- All cattle and calves, Jan. 1, 2014 – 6,150,000 head
- Corn for grain production, 2013 – 1,623,500,000 bushels
- Cash receipts from farm marketing’s contributed over $24 billion to Nebraska’s economy.
- Nebraska’s $7.3 billion in agricultural exports in 2012 translate into $9.4 billion in additional economic activity.
- Nebraska’s top five agricultural exports in 2012 were soybeans, corn, beef, feeds, and grain products.
- In 2013, Nebraska ranked second in ethanol production capacity, with 23 operating plants having production capacity of 1.96 billion gallons.
- Over 40% of the State’s 2012 corn crop was utilized in ethanol production.
- Nebraska’s farms and ranches utilize 45.5 million acres – 93% of the state’s total land area.
- Nebraska is fortunate to have aquifers below it. If poured over the surface of the state, the water in those aquifers would have a depth of 37.9 feet.
- Nebraska had 49,969 farms and ranches during 2012; the average operation consisted of 907 acres.